my day started off pretty awesome.
i received a message from shani:
"ohKay soooo I know its not exactly morning yet but I wanted 2 be sure im the 1st thought of yOoh`r day LoL, sooooo I think yOoh`r the bestest friend a person could have, yOoh`r one of the very few people I know I can count on, you might bee Late & you might bring gary with you but I know youll bee there no matter what :) thanks for everything eriiiiiiinnnnnn!"
i definitely needed this.
because for a long time, i've been contemplating with myself about whether or not i still have any best friends.
sure, when asked, i still name the same 5 people i've been naming practically my whole life (like literally, i've known most of you since we were like 3 or 4 - the others, since we were like 12ish)...
but afterwards i can't help but to think about how isolated i feel & how the people i name might be reluctant to name me as their best friend now...
(so to hear you say "bestest friend" was pretty refreshing, shani. =) thanx for that confirmation.)
idk... it's weird.
i RARELY talk to them or hang out with them (especially since i'm in college all the way in Nashville).
& when we do, it feels sort of awkward - because we're so behind with each others' lives.
sometimes i feel like all of my best friends have forgotten about me, moved on & made more best friends, like i'm holding on to long (somewhat lost) relationships.
but when i think about the definition of a "best friend", the first things that comes to mind are:
someone who you'll do (almost) ANYTHING for.
someone you can count on for ANYTHING.
... & they all meet the requirements.
Many people will walk in and out of your life, but only true friends - your BEST friends will leave footprints in your heart.
and whether or not, you guys call me your best friend,
Shavonti, Gabie, Elizabeth, Irvin & Gary...
you all have left footprints in my heart.
i love you guys, MADLY.
btw. i HATE saying this... & i hate when people say it to me, because it's usually bs
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





No comments:
Post a Comment