12.06.2008

courtesy costs you nothing. but the foolish take it as weakness.

the sweet & sometimes naive erin wants to believe that this world she lives in is full of rainbows, smiley faces, marshmallows, butterflies, sing-a-long songs and kind-hearted people.

but unfortunately, it's not.

truth is, a lot of people are cold-hearted and in it for themselves.

however, I was given this beautiful gift from God. The gift of kindness.
some may call it a flaw, the foolish may call it a weakness.
I simply call it being respectful, polite, courteous and civil.

As of late, I've fallen into a trap - peer pressure - and because I surround myself with certain people, I've become something I'm not - spiteful, cold-hearted, rude, gossipy and evil-intentioned.

your friends are supposed to be people who bring out your best qualities when you're around them. they're supposed to be truly reliable people you can confide in - not people who talk about you behind your back and give you your best laughs when you're speaking negatively of others.

& another thing - one-way friendships shouldn't exist. I shouldn't continue to go out of my way to be nice and bend over backwards to help these so-called "friends" that may eventually turn on me or betray me.

I am not usually unkind until I'm being pushed too far. and today, i've reached my breaking point, but instead of using my energy to be rude and evil, i'll "kill them with kindness". I'll only let this go so far though. I won't continue to be SO nice that my kindness is taken advantage of. I'm tired of being stomped on and stepped over.

some of these same "friends" are biting the hand that feeds them - i'll continue to be my sweet self, but let's just see how they do without the "services" I provide and without the amenities i bring to this "friendship".

sure, it's much easier to be a cruel, nasty bully and take advantage of others if it's possible. such people may take it as an opportunity to get a free ride with or without asking honestly if they may...
and I've learned the hard way...

"don't throw pearls to pigs".
(don't help those who are not going to be straight with you or may be insincere)

I won't put a wall around myself and I wont become cold and intimidating because I really do enjoy my personality. I like the qualities that I encompass, the qualities that make me ME! And if people look down on me because i'm COURTEOUS, they dont deserve my respect (or anyone else's) anyway... so they really aren't even important. point. blank. period. goodbye.

No comments:

come come on the kick-drum.

#.

eXTReMe Tracker